National protests in Colombia have become increasingly violent over the last few weeks with human rights groups calling out the Colombian government for abuse of power and a violent reaction to protesters. The protests started on April 28th, specifically against a new proposed tax reform that sought to levy a greater tax burden on the… Continue reading
About This Blog
A conversation corner about topics connected to coffee and some of the primary challenges facing the industry. We explore issues around farmer livelihoods, healthy soils, maintaining a sustainable supply of great-quality coffees, and truth in trade.
- Colombia Update 2021-05-17
- The Lonely Cupper
- No Justice when Catastrophes Collide?
- A 20-Year Path Towards True Sustainability
- Black Lives Matter
- Solidarity as an Antidote to COVID-19
- Lessons from the Soil in an era of COVID-19
- Pangoa and the Incredible Power of Trees
- Millions in the Streets for Climate Strike
- Coop Coffees launches the Cool Farm Tool
- A "Carbon Market" at a Human Scale
- Coop Coffees Raising the Floor on Pricing