So what’s all the fuss about Cooperative Coffees raising its minimum price to US$2.20 on all fair trade and organic coffees?? If we get caught-up in price-boasting matches within the Specialty Coffee industry, a guaranteed US$2.20 /lb minimum price may not sound sufficiently impressive. But if we look at how market mechanisms, pricing and fluctuation… Continue reading
About This Blog
A conversation corner about topics connected to coffee and some of the primary challenges facing the industry. We explore issues around farmer livelihoods, healthy soils, maintaining a sustainable supply of great-quality coffees, and truth in trade.
- No Justice when Catastrophes Collide?
- A 20-Year Path Towards True Sustainability
- Black Lives Matter
- Solidarity as an Antidote to COVID-19
- Lessons from the Soil in an era of COVID-19
- Pangoa and the Incredible Power of Trees
- Millions in the Streets for Climate Strike
- Coop Coffees launches the Cool Farm Tool
- A "Carbon Market" at a Human Scale
- Coop Coffees Raising the Floor on Pricing
- Cultivating Producer-led Experimentation
- WAKE UP: More at Stake than Just Coffee