Cooperative Coffees has an immediate opening for a full-time Impact Manager position to oversee Cooperative Coffees Impact Fund, highlighting the needs of our producer partners, and developing programs around those needs. The Impact Manager will also be the point contact for all Cooperative Coffees Impact Reporting and maintain industry relationships with certifiers and allies. This position reports to Cooperative Coffees’ Director of Operations.
Cooperative Coffees is a cooperative owned by 23 roasters in the US and Canada. We exist to import high-quality, organic green coffee from small-scale farmer organizations, build long-term relationships, and foster fair and equitable trading practices. Our goal is to make coffee growing a sustainable and beneficial endeavor for farmer families and their communities while providing our members with exceptional coffees. You are encouraged to visit our website www.coopcoffees.coop to view the specific areas of the world where we are currently making a difference.
A Thriving Importing Busines – Our terms of trade are the best choice in the eyes of our trading partners and our business practices are defined, documented and disseminated to serve as a model for the coffee industry.
- A Thriving Community – We understand the basic needs of our trading partners and facilitate access to specific expertise to help small-scale farmers improve their production capabilities and meet their basic needs. We measure the impact of our relationships not only economically, but also in terms of overall quality of life for our partners and their communities.
- A Thriving Cooperative – Our governance and operations are: explicit, effective, efficient, forward-looking, fun-loving, fair-minded, and sustainable.
- Maintain relationships with supply partners
- Manage Cooperative Coffees’ USD $150,000 Impact Fund
- Staff Liaison for our Impact Committee that has oversight of Impact Fund usage
- Visit producer partners and lead roaster delegations to origin (when travel is allowed)
- Impact Reporting
- Manage timely reporting on all Impact Fund projects from our partners
- Manage overall impact reporting for our annual report, certifications, and ally reports
- Work with Sourcing Manager to collect, analyze, and report on annual producer assessment data
- Maintain Industry Partnerships
- Maintain and leverage industry relationships to serve our producer partners
- Lead contact for B Corp, Fairtrade, Organic, and SPP relationships
- Oversee engagement with our Carbon, Climate, and Coffee initiative
Bachelor’s degree required
- Must be at a minimum Bilingual (English, Spanish) but Trilingual (including French) candidates are preferred
- Strong analytical, systems-oriented and data-driven management skills
- Works well with virtual teams of various cultural backgrounds
- Critical thinker and demonstrates good judgment
- Experience working with different certifications preferred
- Experience in international development work
- Ability to travel multiple times a year (when travel restrictions allow)
- Excellent computer skills, particularly Excel
- Embrace Core Values and Mission of Cooperative Coffees in all aspects of your work
- A strong preference for candidates with a background working with producers in our network
All qualified applicants are asked to send a cover letter and resumé to email@example.com with “Impact Manager Position” on the subject line no later than February 5th, 2022.