Cooperative Coffees has an immediate opening for a full-time Quality Manager to oversee quality performance, articulate roasters’ needs, and work beside our buyers to improve coffee quality with our producer partners.
Cooperative Coffees is a cooperative owned by 21 roasters in the US and Canada. We exist to import high-quality, organic green coffee from small-scale farmer organizations, build long-term relationships, and foster fair and equitable trading practices. Our goal is to make coffee-growing a sustainable and beneficial endeavor for farmer families and their communities while providing our members with exceptional coffees. You are encouraged to visit our website www.coopcoffees.coop to view the specific areas of the world where we are currently making a difference.
Cooperative Coffees employees are proud to be part of:
A Thriving Importing Business – Our terms of trade are the best choice in the eyes of our trading partners and our business practices are defined, documented and disseminated to serve as a model for the coffee industry.
A Thriving Community – We understand the basic needs of our trading partners and facilitate access to specific expertise to help small-scale farmers improve their production capabilities and meet their basic needs. We measure the impact of our relationships not only economically, but also in terms of overall quality of life for our partners and their communities.
A Thriving Cooperative – Our governance and operations are: explicit, effective, efficient, forward-looking, fun-loving, fair-minded, and sustainable.
- Manage policies and procedures around quality
- Manage Cupping Lab and Staff
- Daily cupping activities
- Analyze and report quality performance both to roasters and producer organizations
- Manage innovation and best practices around quality
- Attend industry and origin events as needed
- Work with Sourcing Manager to define and maintain quality expectations on all purchases
- Assist in managing member commitments
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Excellent oral and written English skills required. French/Spanish language an asset
- Extensive experience on the cupping table. Q Certification strongly preferred
- Extensive experience in the coffee roasting and/or importing industry
- Strong analytical and data management skills
- Works well with virtual teams of various cultural backgrounds
- Strong project management skills
- Critical thinker and demonstrates good judgment
- Global perspective of development work
- International and domestic travel will be required
- Excellent computer skills
- Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
All qualified applicants are asked to send a confidential cover letter and resume to Cooperative Coffees’ General Manager Ed Canty (firstname.lastname@example.org).